Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 1996 10:50:06 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        paul@netcraft.co.uk
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: lint..

First it blew up trying to run lint on something when lint wasn't even
installed.  So then I installed lint by hand, figuring that was the
temporary fix, and I ran make world again:

gzip -c /a/src-current/usr.bin/xlint/xlint/lint.1 > lint.1.gz
===> usr.bin/xlint/llib
lint -Cc /a/src-current/usr.bin/xlint/llib/llib-lc
llib-lc:
lint: cannot exec /usr/libexec/lint1: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Nope, no cigar.  It's easy to test this, simply nuke lint off your
system and do a make world - it will fall over.

Please fix this soon or let me back lint out of the various *.mk files
so that nothing tries to use it before it's ready.  I'll give you a
couple of days before taking that step, but I'd really like to have
make world working again.

						Jordan