Date:      Sun, 30 Apr 1995 08:04:54 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   US-ISDN standards and ISDN in general.

The current authors of the ISDN code are coming slowly back to life
here (after I poked them with a sharp stick :-) and may be willing to
serve as a semi-reluctant focal point for other work, assuming that
anyone else is truly interested in the stuff currently in
/sys/gnu/isdn & /usr/src/gnu/usr.sbin/isdn.

Is anyone truly interested in this stuff?  I'd like to see the ISDN
code either progress significantly in the next 6 months or be entirely
replaced by something that *is* progressing!  I know that the Linux
folks are happily ISDN'ing with some other code that may or may not be
worth looking at, but we need to turn this into a more active project
or move on with something else, and it's my preference that we do
something with the current code if at all possible.

Any takers?  The guy coordinating for the ISDN stuff is Juergen Krause
<jkrause@saarlink.de> and he'd currently like to know where to get the
US-ISDN standards.  He says he needs the descriptions for Level 2 and
3 of the D-channel protocols.

Please!  Get in touch with him..  He says that he's not received any
offers of help or code, and this is sad.  I brought this stuff into
the tree in the first place in hopes that it would form the nucleus of
a real ISDN project, but results so far have been disappointing to say
the least.  If something doesn't happen with this stuff in the next 6
months then I'm going to remove it from the tree as obviously "dead
code" - we have too much dead code in our tree as it is already! :-(

Thanks!

					Jordan