Date:      Mon, 4 Jun 2001 08:06:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Eric Boucher <eric_boucher60@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   SAMBA: problem with the "include" command.

Hi,

I have a problem with the "include = " command. I'm
currently using samba 2.2.0. Each of my users access
the samba server from the same windows box. They all
have a different user name. I want to create a
smb.conf file personalized for some user. I want that
a share (toto) will be browseable for only one person
called "foo". So I did this:

[toto]
	browseable = NO
	include = path/file.%u

and I have created a file in the good path named:
	file.foo

with the following line in it:
[toto]
	browseable = YES

But samba didn't seem to see it. I also try the %U,
the %g and the %G. They all failed to work. The only
one that worked was the %m. But I don't want to use it
because everybody is accessing the same machine. I
added a line in my "toto" share doing preexecute and a
postexecute with all the variables (%u, %U, %g, %G)
and I look at it with the :"tail -f my_file" command.
All the information in it was correct (I mean that I
try to make my include file with all the good
extensions, that is the client user, the client group,
etc...). Does somebody know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Eric