Date:      Mon, 22 May 1995 14:01:25 +0900
From:      =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQjwwZhsoSg==?=  =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCPV8bKEo=?= Atsushi Murai  <amurai@spec.co.jp>
To:        bugs@ns1.win.net
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/430: bug in tape drivers (fwd)

Mark Hittinger <bugs@ns1.win.net> wrotes:
>> >You get more than one "bt0: Try to abort" messages?   That
>
>Yes, and they are repeated attempts to abort the rewind command I
>believe.
>

>> More than one "bt0 Try to abort" means  try to abort a previous abort
>> command. So I guess SCSI bus itself stuck up entirely. Check keep light
>> on borad LED or not.
>
>All disk i/o waits until the rewind finishes.  Disk activity light is lit
>during entire rewind.  Once rewind finishes then everything continues
>with no trouble.

Looks like your tape equiment is not support/set up SCSI disconnection
option. This means once rewind opreation issue, tape equipment keep
a SCSI bus by finish it. Addition I have a old Viper (QIC-150) drive
and I get "Aborting message" when rewind/forwd tape, but during the
time I can access the disks/cdrom without trouble.

# P.S. Regarding with bt742a.c,  I am sure that enable SCSI deisconnection
       and Busy retry just in case ;-)

Atsushi.

--
Atsushi Murai                                         E-Mail: amurai@spec.co.jp
SPEC                                                  Voice : +81-3-3833-5341