Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 1995 18:25:55 -0700
From:      Mark Diekhans <markd@grizzly.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:    FreeBSD on a subnotebook...

  I am starting to look into buying a subnotebook for the purpose of running
FreeBSD and would like to get some input/advice.  What kind of luck have
people had with notebooks (and subnotebooks in particular)?  From looking
through the FAQs and sources, there doesn't seem to be a lot of PCMCIA
support (although there is power management support!).  What about PCMCIA
modems (most subnotebooks don't have builtins)?  Does anyone have PCMCIA
modem drivers?

Any help in wasting my money greatly appreciated.
Mark