Date:      Tue, 25 Mar 1997 16:58:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com, terry@lambert.org, jfieber@indiana.edu, langfod@dihelix.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cool Web page interface to mail + search engine?

Terry Lambert wrote:

> How can I reply to a message with a date stamp earlier than the

	ordering != threading
	ordering is less restrictive relationship

	has anything useful come out of this thread?

	well, i checked rfc822, 1122 and 1123,  Message-ID header
	is not required.  if not presendt, the sendmail on freefall
	will add it.  same is true of the date.  (in reality these
	depend upon the M and D flags for the mailer, but all
	mailers on freefall have these flags set)

	regarding the Message-ID header, Bryan Costales writes:
	"This header must be declared in the configuration file."
	wonder where this requirement is laid down?
jmb