Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2001 10:39:40 +0100
From:      Stefan Esser <se@freebsd.org>
To:        Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Alameda.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, Stefan Esser <se@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Re: Whatever happened to CTM?

On 2001-03-19 17:01 -0800, Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Alameda.net> wrote:
> I have been hosting the machine which ran ctm, unfortunatly my provider
> cut me off and I just got some access back, but not for the location
> the ctm machine is located at.

Ummm, that's bad ...
I had been hoping that CTM deltas might just start turning up at
the well known places again, anytime soon ...

> At this time I do not know yet when it will have access again.

There are many sites that rely on CTM for one reason or the other.
At work, I can't get CVSUP through the firwall, and thus it is no
option at all.

Just an idea:

How about a CVSUP via HTTPS server (just as a means to tunnel CVSUP
through a HTTPS proxy ...) ?

Most probably a CVSUP daemon bound to port 443 would do (there are
programs that tunnel arbitrary data through a HTTPS proxy, though
I admit this is cheating ;-)

Regards, STefan