Date:      Thu, 31 May 2001 20:13:21 +0200
From:      "Karsten W. Rohrbach" <karsten@rohrbach.de>
To:        "Heimes, Rene" <rh@com-con.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: changing the date format

--eQyCKlb8USywWNtC

Heimes, Rene(rh@com-con.net)@2001.05.31 13:58:26 +0000:
> hiho there!
>=20
> on our freeBSD 4.1 systems we need to customize the date format. anyone
> got a hint how to do that? by the way, is it possible to customize the
date(1) has information about applying a format string from the shell.
strftime(3) tells you about the format strings

> system language to german language?
login.conf(5) look for "lang" in the "environment" section
german manpages should reside in /usr/ports/german/manpages
software which uses gettext should install the appropriate catalogs for
de_DE i think. if you installed gettext look in
/usr/local/share/gettext/ABOUT-NLS for more info.

have fun
/k

--=20
> I can emulate the Beta-version of every C      #include <signal.h>
> program I've ever written in two lines! ->     main() {raise(11);}
KR433/KR11-RIPE -- WebMonster Community Founder -- nGENn GmbH Senior Techie
http://www.webmonster.de/ -- ftp://ftp.webmonster.de/ -- http://www.ngenn.n=
et/
karsten&rohrbach.de -- alpha&ngenn.net -- alpha&scene.org -- catch@spam.de
GnuPG 0x2964BF46 2001-03-15 42F9 9FFF 50D4 2F38 DBEE  DF22 3340 4F4E 2964 B=
F46

--eQyCKlb8USywWNtC

--eQyCKlb8USywWNtC--