Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 22:47:30 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MFC: ISA routing support [REPORT]

In message <20010829014037.A551@v-ger.we.lc.ehu.es> "Jose M. Alcaide" writes:
: 1. On this machine, IRQ 11 is shared among the VGA, pcic0, pcic1 and the
:    USB controller. Now, when I insert my PCMCIA modem card, it also gets
:    IRQ 11 assigned. I know that the PCI bus supports irq sharing, but...
:    should I worry about sio(4) _also_ sharing IRQ 11?

No.  On a sufficiently fast machine it doesn't matter.

: 2. When using PCI irq routing, I see this message after inserting my modem
:    card:
:
:      sio2: unable to activate interrupt in fast mode - using normal mode
:
:    However, if I set hw.pcic.intr_path=1, that message does not appear. Is
:    this the expected behavior?

Expected behavior.  You can't share fast interrupts and that's OK.  I
assume that everything works?

Warner