Date:      Tue, 13 Dec 2005 09:29:23 +0100
From:      VANHULLEBUS Yvan <vanhu@netasq.com>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        foobar <0xfcfb@gmx.net>, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:  only reload racoon.conf?

On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 02:54:51PM -0800, Doug Barton wrote:
> foobar wrote:
> >hy list,

Hi all.

> >is there any possibility to RELOAD the racoon (ipsec-tools) configuration
> >in
> >freebsd 5/6?
> >
> >in linux i can do "/etc/init.d/racoon reload" but freebsd seems only to
> >support a service restart.
>
> Adding this capability is easy in rc.d, I've added a suggested patch, and
> cc'ed the maintainer.

The cool thing to do *will be* to send racoon a sigHUP :-)

> Two things to note. First, I looked at the man page for racoon and it's not
> at all obvious to me how to get it to reload its conf file without
> restarting. IF it will do this by sending a 'kill -HUP <pid>' to the pid of
> the racoon process, then all you have to do is add the extra_commands line
> to the file, and rc.subr will handle the rest. If there is some command
> invocation involved, I've included an example of how to make that work.

Racoon's reload conf feature is for now only present in the HEAD
branch of ipsec-tool's CVS.

We are planning to branch a new version (0.7) "quite soon", which will
so include this feature, then this patch for racoon.sh will be
interesting to apply (we'll review/retest the patch when I'll update
to ipsec-tools 0.7).

There will probably be other things to do (an ehanced racoon.sh which
injects SPD entries, or a good HOWTO for that part :-) outside racoon
itself !

Yvan.

--
NETASQ - Secure Internet Connectivity