Date:      Fri, 26 May 2000 13:19:49 +1000
From:      "Jacob A. Hart" <c9710216@studentmail.newcastle.edu.au>
To:        FreeBSD-CURRENT <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Scheduler changes?

--IJpNTDwzlM2Ie8A6

For the past couple of weeks I've noticed rc5des isn't playing friendly with
the other processes on my system.  When running a CPU intensive task (such
as a buildworld, MP3 encoder, or xmame) rc5des hogs around 20-30% CPU even
though, by default, it is niced at +20.

The last known "good" kernel build I have here is almost a month old -- 29th
of April.  It broke sometime between then and May 6th, and I haven't had a
build that doesn't exibit this behaviour since.

Anyone else noticed similar symptoms?

-jake

--=20
Jacob A. Hart <c9710216@studentmail.newcastle.edu.au>