Date:      Thu, 04 Dec 1997 16:55:43 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        "Glenn Dicus" <gdicus@nomadix.com>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help

I'm keeping this cc'd to the list; there's every chance that this
information is useful to other people as well.

> Sorry, you have to excuse me.  I have been trying to get the PC Card on the
> ElanSC400 Evaluation Board for 3 weeks 24-7 with no luck what so ever.  The
> problems have been to many to name.  However,  my present situation is that
> FreeBSD does not recognize the second slot when a card is inserted.  The
> cards that I have tried have been Eagle Technology's NE2000,  Fujitsu
> MBH10302, 3Com 3C3589C/D.

OK.  You still haven't identified the PCIC on this board; is it
integrated into the SC400, or is it a separate part?  If the latter,
what is it?  Do you have datasheets for it?

> Also, a reoccurring problem has been pccardc's inability to read the CIS,
> returning "no entry in database for "null" ("null")".

It sounds like this is indicative of a pretty major problem; if pccardc
can't read the CIS information, pccardd (which uses the same code) is
not going to be able to determine what the card is.

First step is to identify the pcic and work out what's not working.

mike