Date:      Mon, 2 Dec 2002 21:25:28 +1030
From:      Ian Moore <imoore@picknowl.com.au>
To:        Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Hostname failure

Hi,
I'm having a frustrating time witht a recently built 4.7-RELEASE box.
It seems like it can't resolve it's own hostname!

hostname returns the hostname OK:
daemon:/home/imoore # hostname
daemon

but running cvsup gives:
daemon:/home/imoore # cvsup /usr/local/etc/cvsup/supfile
Cannot get IP address of my own host -- is its hostname correct?

Also, when apache starts:
 Local package initialization:httpd: Could not determine the server's ful=
ly=20
qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName

My rc.conf has:
hostname=3D"daemon"

and /ect/hosts looks like:
127.0.0.1               localhost deamon

This is a standalone machine with a dial-up ppp connection, so it's a pre=
tty=20
basic setup. I can't see what the difference is between it and other mach=
ines=20
I've set up.
Any ideas?

Cheers,