Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 1996 23:39:28 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Subject:   Re: Possibility?

As Terry Lambert wrote:

> > > Anyway, the core team is supposed to consider BSD4.4 source bases
> > > other than FreeBSD and incorporate useful changes without my help.
> >
> > The core team is supposed to coordinate the work.  Nothing less, but
> > nothing more.
>
> So if, for instance, the BSD 4.4-Lite2 code is not being actively
> integrated, how can it possibly result in a coordination conflict?

Pieces of the 4.4-Lite2 code are being actively integrated.  Some of
them have already been, some of them are still looking for
maintainers.

But where's the relation of this to your claim that ``the core team''
might be responsible to incorporate other BSD code bases (where the
context of the original message implied OpenBSD, in this case)?

> I mean, otherwise there would be no reason for not integrating patches,
> even if they were not fully understood by some core team member or other?

This is not a problem of the core team, it's merely a problem of that
none of the existing _committers_ seems to fully understand your
patches.  You're confusing things: it requires a committer to
integrate something, there are currently 66 of them available.  It
doesn't necessarily require a core team member for doing this (though
incidentally ;), all the core team member also happen to be
committers).

--
cheers, J"org