Date:      Thu, 28 Sep 2006 19:04:32 +0200
From:      ovidiu ene <ovidiue@unixware.ro>
To:        akachler@telcom.net
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pf/altq

Hello Arie

We are using pf with altq for a router with 10 mbits Internet
connection, to share internet for more than 1000 users and it works fine.
Users are connected to the router using a pppoe server, which also works
fine. The problem is that we use HFSC algorytm on altq, which is a liner
algoritm and will not work fine for thousands of queues. We did not find
a way to cap CBQ per user. Give us more details... about your
infrastructure you are thinking of. If you plan to use high bandwidth
with not many queues, hfsc altq works great.

Best regards
ovidiu