Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 1996 12:59:58 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        "Richard Gresek" <rgresek@gds.de>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pppd

> Does anybody know, how to make pppd stay in memory for good?

Why do you want to do that?

> Another good solution would also be to make pppd or any script to
> restart after the disconnect. Is there a way to do this?

Sure, stick it in a loop.  I don't have access to my home box (I'm away
on business), but that's what I'm doing.

#!/bin/sh
while true; do
  pppd -connect .....
  done

Or something like that.  You need to read the man page, but this will
cause the system to re-dial when the link goes down.

Nate