Date:      Wed, 5 Sep 2001 10:20:25 +0200
From:      "Chojin" <freebsd@tarakan-network.com>
To:        "Fernando Gleiser" <fgleiser@cactus.fi.uba.ar>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ipnat, ipf, ipfstat devices not configured

Hello,

#dmesg | grep IP
plip0: <PLIP network interface> on ppbus0
IP Filter: v3.4.16 initialized.  Default = pass all, Logging = enabled
IP Filter: already initialized
IP Filter: v3.4.16 unloaded
module_register_init: MOD_LOAD (IP Filter: v3.4.16, c0388278, 0) error 16

It seems there is an error in the module.
I'll test with generic when I'll have time :o)