Date:      Fri, 21 May 1999 00:25:44 +0200
From:      Len Conrad <lconrad@Go2France.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can this routing be done under fbsd?

We're a 'boutique/niche' ISP that has acquired a small block of public ip
addresses.

Is NAT the way to do this:

Our border gateway router (one link to an Internet backbone) will be
freebsd, with the DMZ net just behind it.  Assume the DMZ net will be
private with 10.0.0.*.

A 2nd fbsd machine on the DMZ net will be our "dedicated access router"
driving HDLC WAN cards and dedicated leased lines to our customers, some of
whom will have servers with public ip addresses.  Assume the WAN side of
the access router will have private addresses lke 192.0.0.*.

What's the best way, if possible with fbsd, to have the clients' public
servers accessible via public ip addresses.  2 levels of static NAT?

Thanks,
Len