Date:      Wed, 6 Oct 1999 12:10:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Behrens <mbehrens@globaldsl.com>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: conf/13886: 3.3-RELEASE /stand/sysinstall wants XF86331, dist has  XF86335

The following reply was made to PR conf/13886; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Matt Behrens <mbehrens@globaldsl.com>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, jim@reptiles.org
Subject: Re: conf/13886: 3.3-RELEASE /stand/sysinstall wants XF86331, dist has
 XF86335
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 14:59:04 -0400

 I'm inclined to think that Jim just had a really weird corrupt floppy
 (maybe a corrupt floppy image?) where the 3rd LSB bit on one of the
 bytes was displaced. :-)  Actually, it's not really that weird, and
 might be indicative of bad memory -- when I was compiling once on a
 machine with bad cache RAM, the program refused to link because a symbol
 name was corrupted on just one of the bits.  I would think the same
 could happen between network and local disk, or perhaps disk image and
 floppy.

 In any event, the following diff illustrates that dist.c was, in fact,
 changed correctly for 3.3-RELEASE:

 http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/release/sysinstall/dist.c.diff?r1=1.132.2.11&r2=1.132.2.12

 I recommend that Jim try a new set of floppies and this PR be closed.