Date:      Sat, 30 Mar 2002 13:01:26 +0100
From:      "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@corecode.ath.cx>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org, alexander@leidinger.net
Subject:   lang/icc doesn't compile c++ sources

--=.'mgUM.+(gaQF9s

hi hackers, alexander!

i've installed the icc port and trying to compile...
first of all, C source files compile (and then link with gcc). no
problems with that.

but i can't get icc to compile a single c++ source:
it always fails on the headers.

just a simple echo '#include<iostream>' > comp.cc
won't compile. i've tested the include files of
o icc
o gcc 2.95.3 (the one from my base system, 4.5-S)
o gcc 3.0.4 (from the ports)

each one gives me a different error.

did anybody already solve this problem (by creating new headers?)
if so, please tell me!

if not, i'd like to work on that, but i don't know where to start.

cheerz
  simon

--
/"\   http://corecode.ath.cx/