Date:      Mon, 20 Apr 2009 10:29:09 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Keith Seyffarth <weif@weif.net>
To:        Manolis Kiagias <sonicy@otenet.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can you ACTUALLY print from FreeBSD?

<snip>

> Follow the instructions here:
>
> http://desktopbsd.net/wiki/doku.php?id=doc:printing

I'm currently four days of troubleshooting after having done all
that's listed on that wiki entry (though I didn't find that page until
yesterday), and still trying to get close. That would be one of the
pages I obliquely referred to as assuming that printing was
possible...

<snip>

> cupsd_enable="YES" should do the trick in rc.conf - nothing else
> needed to start cups as a service.

I'd have to disagree with this statement, based on experience. That
line has been in rc.conf since Januray, and cupsd *never* starts on
boot. I'd guess that there has to be something else done somewhere to
get it to actually start.