Date:      Mon, 4 Jun 2001 09:18:19 -0600
From:      jeremy-novak <pr0cy0n@home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cron

  Hello, I think someone in this mailing list posted a message about getting cron to stop logging all of it's jobs. My suggestion would be to take a look at
/etc/syslog.conf and see if/where the cron daemon is logging to. This may not be the best solution or even correct but it works on a couple of my machines where parsing the logs was a real chore due to the number of logged cron jobs in a 24 hr. period. Hope this helps, comment, suggestion, and flames are welcome in response to this message.

jeremy
--

"Without software it's just sand".
"Without people, it's just sand and some software".   --"${NAME}" ;)

  ^ ^     email: pr0cy0n@home.com  (but you already knew that)
[ 0 0 ]   ircnick: g0rdi <irc.slashnet.org /#code>,<irc.undernet.org /#freebsd>
   '      usenet/mail: comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc/freebsd-hackers, lots more
   o      root password: just kidding!

"You have an account at host.com"? "I wanna be user@host.com; I would get
 so many 'cool' e-mails".