Date:      Sun, 26 Aug 2001 15:29:56 -0700
From:      Jim Mock <jim@FreeBSD.org>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Vaio R505TE

Does anyone have an R505TE running FreeBSD?  I got one of these
yesterday, and the way things are going, I'd have had better luck
ramming my head through a brick wall than getting the thing to work.

I finally managed to get 4.3-RELEASE going, however fxp0 kept (and
keeps) giving SCB timeouts.  So I fought with cvsup for a few hrs (had
to up the interface every time it timed out) and finally built world.
After booting, the machine would boot as normal, but hang completely on
mounting the root fs.  It just sat.  So, I tried a snapshot.  Same
thing.

I'm currently reinstalling 4.3-RELEASE because at least it gives me a
bootable system (or did last night).  So... does anyone have one of
these?  And if so, what sort of magic did you have to perform to make
everything play nice?

- jim

--
jim mock <mij@soupnazi.org>              tech writer | iXsystems, Inc.