Date:      Fri, 26 Jul 2002 14:29:55 -0500
From:      Henrik Hudson <lists@rhavenn.net>
To:        neodan85@optonline.net (Dan)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BAck to XP (yuck)

As a guy who regularly switches back and forth between 2000 or XP and Fre=
eBSD=20
(don't ask why I don't just dual-boot) I have never had a problem=20
reinstalling Windows. Sure, it says "unknow partitions" but you just tell=
 it=20
to wipe those partitions and it pops up your nice little warning "Are you=
=20
sure? etc..." and you click "Yes" and off you go. Partition Magic, etc...=
=20
isn't needed. Gaming is the only thing Windows is good for...everything e=
lse=20
UNIX can do differently and/or better.

On Friday 26 July 2002 11:42, Jerry McAllister wrote:
> > i recently installed FreeBSD on one of my computers.   I discovered t=
hat
> > it was harder to learn than i thought it would be and i wanted to go =
back
> > to WindowsXP.  I tried formatting the disk and using the installer on=
 the
> > XP CDROM but it always says there is a primary hard disk failure.  Ho=
> > can i fix this so i can install Windows again.
>
> First, have some patience with FreeBSD.   It can actually be learned,
> unlike Microsloth stuff which is a house of tricks.  And once you get
> it, that other stuff will seem weak and hard to use.
>
> Second, you may have to get your hands on a partition mangler such
> as Partition Magic from Power Quest to clean things up before the XP
> installer will know what to do.  PM seems to work well and is copiously
> documented and is available in many stores including Best Buy where I
> found it recently.
>
> ////jerry

--=20

Henrik Hudson
lists@rhavenn.net

Note:  Beware of Dragons - Thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.