Date:      Fri, 26 May 2000 13:31:39 +1000 (EST)
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>, Jake Burkholder <jburkhol@home.com>, Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>, FreeBSD-current <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP Re: cvs commit: src/crypto/openssh/pam_ssh pam_ssh.c src/gnu/usr.bin/binutils/gdb freebsd-uthread.c src/include mpool.h src/lib/libc/net name6.c src/lib/libc_r/uthread pthread_private.h uthread_file.c src/lib/libncp ncpl_rcfile.c src/lib/libstand if_ether.h ...

On Thu, 25 May 2000, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> In message <Pine.BSF.4.21.0005250102020.2774-100000@besplex.bde.org>, Bruce Evans
>  writes:
> >I objected to a recent commit hiding the fact that this is
> >"(elm)->field.sle_next".  Anyway, curelm must be a pointer to a struct.
> >Not just any struct; the struct must contain a "field" declared using
> >SLIST_ENTRY().
>
> It could be an union or class as well...

It couldn't (usefully) be a union, because then there would be no space
in the object for more than the list pointers.

It would be a style bug for it to be a class, since if you have classes
then you have C++ (or maybe objc) and then you should use C++ features
and not cpp macro hacks to implement queue.

It would be a style bug for it to be a typedef'ed struct type, since
struct types shouldn't be typedefed (see style(9)).

Bruce