Date:      Thu, 06 May 1999 13:48:13 +0200
From:      Stefan Bethke <stefan.bethke@hanse.de>
To:        brainey@cisco.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NetGear 10/100 Ethernet: an oversight?

Bill Rainey <brainey@cisco.com> wrote:

>> When Compaq bought DEC, most of DEC's network manufacturing, including
>> the design rights to the Tulip chip, were bought by Bay Networks, nee
>> Nortel.  I assume the FA310TX is still being made with the Tulip,
>
> It was actually Cabletron that bought DEC's networking business and
> Intel bought the chip stuff. I don't know where that left the Tulip
> chips though.

With Intel.  I have a 4-port card with 21143 (produced 9842) and the 21152
bridge with Intel printed on them.  The data sheets (even for the
supposedly out-of-production 21040 and 21041) are at
http://developer.intel.com/.

Stefan

--
M=FChlendamm 12           |  Voice +49-40-256848, +49-177-3504009
D-22089 Hamburg         |  e-mail: stefan.bethke@hanse.de