Date:      Sun, 18 Feb 2001 23:03:17 +1100
From:      Steve Horan <sjhlists@tracking.amos.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pppd and pap-secrets problems

Hi all,

I am having issues with pppd. I've recently reinstalled a machine that
was acting as a dialin server. Previously I was running 2.2.5-RELEASE,
now running 4.2-STABLE.

The problem I'm having is that the "login" command for pppd used to
only check the system password file, which is fine, but now it wants
to also check the pap-secrets file.

I'm having a couple of problems. WHat I'd like to be able to do is
have an entry in pap-secrets that'll just let anything through and be
authed by the system password file instead. I've tried putting
usernames in, but that isn't working either, probably due to my poor
understanding of the pap-secrets format.

Any assistance that can be given would be greatly appreciated.

I am not on this list, so please CC me your replies.

Thanks in advance,

Steve Horan