Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 1996 14:34:19 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: recursive grep

Terry Lambert writes:
> The GNU derived find doesn't flush its output, so if you were to pipe
> it at that point (and use -print instead of a "/dev/null" argument to
> get the name), you would have your output screwed.

Except that we're not using the GNU derived find, and we've fixed the
bug in the BSD find you are complaining about a *long* time ago.

revision 1.5
date: 1995/09/12 23:15:33;  author: nate;  state: Exp;  lines: +3 -0
Simpler fix to the find bug reported by Terry Lambert
<terry@lambert.org>

[ Find to a file vs. to stdout ] produces different output because find
does not flush stdout when doing a -print.

Submitted by:   Jeffrey Hsu <hsu@freefall.freebsd.org>

You're even mentioned in the log. :)

Nate