Date:      Thu, 20 May 1999 19:44:10 -0500
From:      bob olbrich <rjob@gulftel.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@Freebsd.org
Subject:   Backup device recommendations

Hello,

As a new home user of FreeBSD, I have begun to survey the
available backup devices. I have some simple questions.

1) Are there any tape drives that support both Win98 and FreeBSD?
 My old Iomega Ditto is slow with WIN98. I'd like to replace it.

2) Are there any inexpensive alternatives such as CD-RW or
     removables (ZIP, JAZ, etc). These drives seem to be in
     the $400 and up range ( including media).

3) What about network backup? Is this overkill for a home
     environment?

I've got a total of about 5GB to backup with no SCSI devices.

Thanks,

Bob Olbrich   rjob@gulftel.com