Date:      Sat, 23 Apr 2016 00:42:11 +0200
From:      Michael Freisinger <freisingermichael@gmail.com>
To:        Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Suspend to RAM problem

Hi Ian,
Thank you very much for your answer.

> Since it's based on 10.3, I'd suggest booting from a 10.3 CD or memstick
> in "Live CD" mode and testing suspend / resume from there, just to rule
> out any possible differences with the FreeNAS configuration?  If this
> problem then persists, people can test against a more familiar baseline.

I tested my system with the Live CD mode. The result is the following:
After the command acpiconf -s 3 command the system is starting to suspend.
At least I think it is, because there are some suspend messages (very less
than with freenas). After that the display signal stops and the power
button of my system is blinking. This state is stable. Then I sent a
WOL-Package or press the power button and the blinking stops and it seemed
that the system is resuming. However the display doesn't get a signal. So I
have to do a hard reset to see anything. After this the system is booting
normally, of course.
I have to mention that I booted the Live CD from an USB stick. Perhaps the
USB devices are not available directly after resuming, so the boot device
is not available (I heard  about this problem from another user). Finally I
think my system supports the s3 mode correctly, so probably the freenas
configuration is the reason for my problem.

It's section 11.13.2.5 in the current online Handbook.

> Have you tried it without (from your sysctl hw.acpi)
> hw.acpi.handle_reboot: 1 ?

I think I don't understand your proposal right. Should I set
hw.acpi.handle_reboot to 0? Where can I do this?

Have you tried with the advice from (online) section 11.13.2.2, namely:
>  # sysctl debug.bootverbose=1
>  # sysctl debug.acpi.suspend_bounce=1

 # acpiconf -s 3

The first and the second command work fine (the value are set to 1).
However when I enter the acpiconf command the behavior is unchanged (the
system is starting the suspend process and restarts directly). Did I do
something wrong?

If nothing more informative turns up soon, you might want to add or
> point to a dmesg from booting in verbose mode.  From what's there now, I
> don't know whether these may be significant?

> ACPI Error: [\134_SB_.PCI0.XHC_.RHUB.HS11] Namespace lookup failure,
> AE_NOT_FOUND (20150515/dswload-219)
> ACPI Exception: AE_NOT_FOUND, During name lookup/catalog
> (20150515/psobject-233)

Could you tell me the necessary commands to do this?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,
Michael