From: Mike <the.lists@mgm51.com>
Subject: rainloop 1.17.0 and php82 issue
Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 19:39:53 -0400

> I currently have rainloop 1.17.0 running quite nicely with php81 and
> php81-extensions.
>
> However, when I change the 81 to 82 above, I am greeted with the
> following error message when I try to use rainloop:
>

> Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property RainLoop\Actions::$bIsAjax is
> deprecated in
> /var/www/sites/util02.mgm51.net/data/MyMail/rainloop/v/1.17.0/app/libraries/RainLoop/Actions.php
> on line 164
>
> Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property
> RainLoop\Plugins\Manager::$aAjaxFilters is deprecated in
> /var/www/sites/util02.mgm51.net/data/MyMail/rainloop/v/1.17.0/app/libraries/RainLoop/Plugins/Manager.php
> on line 82
>

> Spending some quality time in a search engine, this is a new "feature"
> of php82.
>
> Will the rainloop be adjusted appropriately?
>
> thx.

RainLoop v1.17.0 was released on September 1, 2022, and after that
there is no commit in upstream repository. So I don't think any
problem is fixed any more (at lease by upstream).

SnappyMail (https://snappymail.eu/) is fork of RainLoop.

* It is actively maintained.
* Author provides document of migration from RainLoop
  (https://github.com/the-djmaze/snappymail/wiki/Installation-instructions#migrationupgrade-from-rainloop)
* There is port (mail/rainloop) in ports tree.

So I recommend you migrating to SnappyMail.

HTH.

---
Yasuhiro Kimura