Date:      Thu,  6 Apr 95 23:52:33 -0400
From:      ejon@ll.mit.edu (Eric `two cats' Jones)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   failed install

Folks,
	Hopefully this is the place for patient answers to dopey questions,
because I'm stymied pretty early in the process.  Hope you can help.

I'm trying to install the March snapshot of FreeBSD.  The configuration is:

486DX50 w/EISA
Adaptec (yuck) 2740 EISA/SCSI controller
Digital 3.5" drive (1 GB), FDISK'ed with 1 400MB partition under DOS
3COM Etherlink III ethernet card
16 MB RAM
2 serial 1 parallel 2 floppy
ATI Mach-based video

I can boot the boot floppy, see that it's recognized most of the equipment,
read all the nice README's, and start the installation.  But, in the
Diskspace editor, when I try to (F)disk (dutifully typing 0 as the drive
I desire), I get 5 copies of the error "ahc1: Queue Full", then an abort
dialog informing me that it failed to read the Master Boot Record.
Not much for someone who doesn't know the ins and outs of the process
to go on. Maybe someone there can enlighten me?
	Thanks in advance for your time.

Eric