Date:      Mon, 9 Dec 2002 11:29:16 -0500
From:      Jake Burkholder <jake@locore.ca>
To:        Michael Schuster <michael.schuster@sun.com>
Cc:        Mikhail Teterin <mi+mx@aldan.algebra.com>, freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: why would Sparc be soo sloow?]

Apparently, On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 03:50:12PM +0100,
	Michael Schuster said words to the effect of;

> I wrote:
> >
> > Mikhail Teterin wrote:
> >

> > > = - other HW config aspects, like storage in use, etc for both (!)
> > > = machines, as well as characteristic of the application, such
> > > = as
> > > = - memory footprint
> > > = - I/O behaviour, etc.
> > >
> > > Very little -- all the program is doing is computations -- the CPU is
> > > the bottleneck on both machines.
> >
> > if this really is the case, patch 111722-01 may help you.
>
> a few tests showed that that's likely.

[...]

This all great, but discussing problems with solaris is terribly off topic
here.  On topic would be perhaps helping us to get the things we need to
support UltraSPARC III on FreeBSD and comparing that to the dell.

Please stay on topic.

Jake