Date:      Wed, 19 Aug 2015 12:05:06 +0300
From:      Slawa Olhovchenkov <slw@zxy.spb.ru>
To:        Marko =?koi8-r?Q?Cupa'c?= <marko.cupac@mimar.rs>
Cc:        FreeBSD stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: best way to restart process

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 10:37:47AM +0200, Marko Cupa'c wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to setup diskless client whose only purpose is logging
> of one user with permanent password into single RDP server via xfreerdp.
> I know how to setup autostart of xfreerdp, but I don't know how to
> restart if it exits for some reason (network problems etc.)
>
> What is the best way to check if process is running and restart it if
> it exits?

DAEMON(8)               FreeBSD System Manager's Manual
DAEMON(8)

NAME
     daemon - run detached from the controlling terminal

SYNOPSIS
     daemon [-cfr] [-p child_pidfile] [-P supervisor_pidfile] [-u
     user]
                 command arguments ...

DESCRIPTION

[...]

     -r      Supervise and restart the program if it has been
      terminated.