Date:      Sat, 12 Jan 2002 16:16:05 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Collins Richey <erichey2@attbi.com>
Cc:        bsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: cd recording software

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr

On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 04:26:03PM -0700, Collins Richey wrote:
> I used cdrecord to burn cd's in linux, but I don't see that offered
> under ports.

The cdrecord author renamed the package to cdrtools, so that's the
name by which it's currently available in ports.

>  I don't care whether it's command line or gui, just that it will
>  burn cd's at speed 2.  I don't know about FreeBSD, but I always got
>  coasters at any speed higher than 2 on linux.

This sounds suspiciously like the fault of your drive.  Older drives
tend to be a bit iffy at their higher speeds: my 1998-era 4x burner
certainly has problems at 4x.

cd0: <MATSHITA CD-R   CW-7502 4.17> Removable CD-ROM SCSI-2 device

Anyway, for ATAPI CD burners you need to use burncd.

> which burncd
/usr/sbin/burncd

Kris
--liOOAslEiF7prFVr