Date:      Thu, 11 May 2000 17:13:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>
To:        Shawn Barnhart <swb@grasslake.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Server Farms?

On Thu, 11 May 2000, Shawn Barnhart wrote:

>For the record, though, what *are* the "good" ones?  I looked for the
>Equinox mentioned earlier on on Ebay and didn't find any.

Generially anything which will provide you an IP layer is the best
option.  Livingston Portmasters are what first come to mind.  There are
other solutions provided by various companies including 3Com.  Generally
those things get to be pretty expensive though.  You might look for
completely serial layer solutions from companies like Stallion,
Lantronix, or even and old DEC box.  You just have to dig to find this
stuff.

Brandon D. Valentine
--
bandix@looksharp.net                         Illegitimi non carborundum.