Date:      Mon, 8 Mar 1999 14:05:24 +0200
From:      Langa Kentane <LKentane@mweb.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "'linux-admin@vger.rutgers.edu'" <linux-admin@vger.rutgers.edu>
Subject:   Synchronising user accounts between to machines...

I have two machines... one I use for mail and the other one I use for games
and stuff  (ftp)....
My friends ftp to the games machine to download and upload a lot of stuff.

I create a lot of user accounts daily and a couple of the users need change
the passwd's quite often and I have disabled telnet access to both machines.
How do I synchronise user accounts on both machines,  say have an update
every hour or so.

Can somebody point me to the howto's?

One thing that I forgot to mention is that one machine is a linux machine
and the other FreeBSD.  I will be adding another machine to the lot (Solaris
7).  I am a newbie to Unix so please be forgiving.

Thanks.

Langa