Date:      Sat, 27 Dec 2014 07:32:54 +1100 (EST)
From:      Dave Horsfall <dave@horsfall.org>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: gnomehier

On Fri, 26 Dec 2014, A.J. 'Fonz' van Werven wrote:

> It just might be that neither portupgrade nor portmaster have been 100%
> adjusted to the current version of pkg yet, so for the time being one
> may have to occasionally do something manually.

As one who has screwed up his ports area twice now (once on 8.x and again
on 9.x), just what is the "approved" technique for 10.x?  I'm about to
install it when I get my new (well, used) server.

And I shudder to think how Perl 5.18 will go (apparently it breaks
MacPorts, due to changes in the shared libraries, which is why 5.16 is
still the default).

--
Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU)  "Bliss is a MacBook with a FreeBSD server."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)