Date:      Tue, 31 Mar 1998 12:52:24 -0500
From:      Christian Kuhtz <chk@eng.bellsouth.net>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Matthias.Apitz@SOFTCON.de, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3c589D and pccard support in FreeBSD 2.2.5

On Mar 31, Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com> wrote:
> > > Linux doesn't use the EEPROM values, but uses Card Services (like our
> > > pccard stuff).  However, the FreeBSD boot floppy doesn't support Card
> > > Services.
> >
> > 	huh!   we use the CIS tuples.
>
> if_zp.c uses the tuples to recognize the card, but no more.  It doesn't
> dynamically allocate resources, or anything like that.

And, oh btw, the zp0 also doesn't support multicast either on an 3c589d.  Yes,
there is no MULTICAST tag on the zp0 iface.  *grumble*

I am very happy to see that show up on the ep0 iface, though.

I guess I will have to really dig into the pccard stuff to get a native Mbone
feed onto my FreeBSD desktop.  Please keep this thread going and let us know
how exactly this is resolved.  Thanks...

Regards,
Chris

PS: Hardware here is a Compaq Armada 7730MT with 3c589d and 2.2.6-STABLE

--
Christian Kuhtz <chk@eng.bellsouth.net> (770) 522-4000            BellSouth.net
                                                          Sr. Network Architect