Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 1996 22:28:21 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        rkw@shark.dataplex.net (Richard Wackerbarth)
Cc:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Am I wrong or is this just stupid?r

> I guess what Jordan wants is the "entreprenaurial" model. I build something
> and then see if it sells. This is as opposed to the "consultant" model
> where I apply my expertise to assist the client in reaching their goals.

Well put.  Unfortunately, at this stage in the project the
"entrepreneurial" ("look" is your friend :-) model is the only game in
town.  The technology has advanced to that delicate mid-life stage
where there are still a number of significant issues to be resolved
yet the code also works well enough that many have a vested interest
in developers not breaking it while advancing the state of the art.
In such an environment, a proper "sales job" becomes pretty important
if you're interested in actually getting your technology adopted.

					Jordan