Date:      Sat, 15 Jul 2000 13:35:46 -0700
From:      Mark <helix@emporium.on.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Travan 4GB/8GB

Hi,

I am having problems with my tape drive.

It is the ATAPI IDE version.

I am running the 3.4 release.
I have installed the device as slave on the second IDE channel.

I have compiled wst0 and wst1 into my kernel and made the device.
./MAKEDEV wst1

and

rwst0 and rwst1 show when I do a la *wst* in /dev/

Do I need to do something to the tape before i start using it??
 because all the apps say that the device is not configured when I try
to do a dump.

later,

Mark.