Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2002 15:09:46 -0800
From:      "Craig Burgess" <craig@CheetahUSA.net>
To:        "alpha" <FreeBSD-alpha@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Should I wait for 5-RELEASE for "new" machine coming?

So far I have this info: "Model 82-PBF5W-VA. Dual Alpha 21164 64bit
533Mhz, 4 meg cache each... PBXGB-CA Powerstorm Graphics." (It's
from EBay; I hope I don't regret it.)

I couldn't find any reference to this model on the Compaq site. If
this thing sounds familiar and there are any gotchas I should know
about, please let me know (probably best off-list). I recall
reading an interview (?) in which JH? said that FreeBSD v5 will
have much better SMP support.

thanks,

craig
mailto:craig@cheetahusa.net