Date:      Sat, 9 Mar 2002 19:15:28 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        ann kok <annkok2001@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mail question

On 2002-03-08 12:22, ann kok wrote:
> Hello
>
> What is esmtp?

SMTP with the addition of a few extra `protocol commands'.

> How do I prevent the following outsider to use our
> mail server?
>
> Mar  1 16:09:04 mail sendmail[29876]: RAA29876:
> from=<ko@abc.com>,
>  size=11174, class=0, pri=0, nrcpts=0, proto=ESMTP,
> relay=xxx.com [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]

You set your Sendmail up so that it doesn't relay mail by default.
In recent Sendmail releases, this is the default behavior, unless of course
you change it in your configuration file.

What is your Sendmail configuration (not your sendmail.cf file, but the
master config *.mc file which you used to generate sendmail.cf) ?

Giorgos Keramidas                       FreeBSD Documentation Project
keramida@{freebsd.org,ceid.upatras.gr}  http://www.FreeBSD.org/docproj/