Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 2000 19:43:53 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Video CDs?

In list.freebsd-multimedia Marc van Woerkom <marc.vanwoerkom@science-factory.com> wrote:
 > I have two strange CD's here that are the size of a normal
 > audio compact disc, but feature 2-4 audio tracks plus one
 > video clip track (~5-10 minutes).

That's not "strange", but pretty standard.  You can mix
audio tracks with other tracks on a single CD.

For example, Moby's ``Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad?'' maxi
CD contains three audio tracks and an ISO9660 track that
contains a Quicktime video file (unfortunately in a format
that cannot be played under FreeBSD or converted to some-
thing usable).

It's also perfectly possible that there are audio tracks
and video tracks (standard VCD format) on a single CD.

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany
Addresses will change soon!!  If in doubt:  www.fromme.com

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)