Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 1996 17:24:18 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Possibility?

> But where's the relation of this to your claim that ``the core team''
> might be responsible to incorporate other BSD code bases (where the
> context of the original message implied OpenBSD, in this case)?

4.4-Lite2 is an "other BSD code base", just as OpenBSD is an "other
BSD code base".

> > I mean, otherwise there would be no reason for not integrating patches,
> > even if they were not fully understood by some core team member or other?
>
> This is not a problem of the core team, it's merely a problem of that
> none of the existing _committers_ seems to fully understand your
> patches.  You're confusing things: it requires a committer to
> integrate something, there are currently 66 of them available.  It
> doesn't necessarily require a core team member for doing this (though
> incidentally ;), all the core team member also happen to be
> committers).

I was not using my own patches as the straw amn here; I was pointing
out the apparent dichotomy between what you say and what you do.  The
dichotomy remains, even if you divorce it from specific examples (which
I tried to do).

You asked why I don't submit patches relative to a publically available
source base that I am not the only qualified person to examine.  I
answered your question, and pointed out the dichotomy which appeared
to be enabling you to ask it (and in light of which, it was a silly
question for you to ask).

Don't accuse me of creating the dichotomy: I only observed and noted it
as the result of your own question.

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org