Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 1999 11:00:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jeff Gray <jwg@netbox.com>
To:        Questions at FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   mouse configuration, won't

I am trying to get my mouse to work in terminal mode and or X windows.

/stand/sysinstall does not let me select a type. It is as if the keyboard
is dead when I try to select any of the choices.  Keyboard lets me enable
or disable, no problem.  tab key works fine.  Just cannot select a type.

then tried moused
moused -p /dev/psm0 -t intellimouse
    says my Intellimouse is not one
moused -p /dev/psm0 -t ps/2
    does not configure it

vidcontrol -m on does not turn it on
mouse pointer appears for a millisecond in X windows and then disappears

Here is what dmesg says,
psm0 at 0x60-0x64 irq 12 on motherboard
psm0: model IntelliMouse, device ID 3

Advice sought.
Used to work well before I changed motherboards

Thanks
jeff