Date:      Mon, 2 Feb 1998 12:01:19 +0000 (GMT)
From:      mcnicholl@real.com
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD Performance.

Hi,
	Let me start of by saying this is not a cue for another flood of
feelings like when Dennis's name gets mentioned. I want your opinions but
don't want you to reply to the list as its a waste of everyone elses time.
Can anyone give me some pointers to comparisons between linux and FreeBSD
as network servers (i.e. mail, web, etc..). My friends seem to think that
FreeBSD is faster, but can't give me any concrete figures or facts. I know
that ftp.cdrom.com runs on FreeBSD and it has one hell of a lot of
traffic.
	So again, any pointers are gratefully appreciatted, but please
_don't_ reply to the list.

Dave.