Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2000 00:31:05 -0700 (MST)
From:      Ivan Fetch <ivanfetch@technologist.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Which portions of a file system can I successfully share among machines?

Hi everyone,
   I would like to set up a few FreeBSD machines such that one of them
exports as much of it's file system to the rest of the FreeBSD machines as
possible.  I'll also be using NIS (the same machine which will be
exporting he file system will be the master NIS server and all other
machines will be clients).  I know that /home would be handy to export,
but I am wondering about other portions of the ifle system.  At which
point will problems start arising if I export certain portions of the file
system - In other words, can I share /usr among all machines?  Should I
not share /var, and expeciall / itself?

Thank YOu,
Ivan Fetch.