Date:      Sun, 9 Jul 2000 08:08:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Martin Mactaggart <martinmact@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   My telnet has been possed by a demon (I can't telnet to my FreeBSD machine anoymore)

   After replacing my badly partitioned 3.4 install with a more aptly
partitioned 4.0, I don't seem to be able to telnet in anymore...
Usually I get one telnet that says something like "Connection to host
lost" and then one that gives me login prompt which, after logging in,
just sits there (I never see the MOTD, it just hangs.).

   Having said that, if my win2k machine is connected to the internet,
it seems to work (!?).  The win2k machine is configured as the Gateway
and DNS of the FreeBSD machine (yes, I know that's backwards).  I can
always ping back and forth with no packet loss, though...

   Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?  I'm still using the
generic kernel and the machine from which I am telnetting is a w2k.

   I didn't find anything in the archives, but I'm not really sure what
to look for.

   Stressed out,
      Martin