Date:      Mon, 9 Oct 2000 22:47:58 +0900 (KST)
From:      Kwi-Hyun Choi <masterpc@4eva.net>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   JDK 1.2.2 for FreeBSD

Hello,

>> Ernst de Haan wrote:
>> ppl say that they use the linu-jdk1.2.2 port because the native FreeBSD
>> JDK is not available as a port yet, and that makes me sad ;-(

Why ppl use linux-jdk1.2.2 port ?

I compiled jdk1.2.2 for FreeBSD successfully, although that is not safety.
(by http://java.freebsd.org)

[masterpc@4eva][~]$ java -version
java version "1.2.2"
Classic VM (build jdk1.2.2-FreeBSD:root:2000/10/06-17:58, green threads,
nojit)

Then,
I have a question.

Is there any problem if jdk1.2.2-FreeBSD is available as a port ?

I think that it's better way to make jdk1.2.2 as a port although it's not
safety.

Is that wrong ?

I wanna know that what the problem is. -.-a

Justin.